There aren't many people who claim to enjoy cleaning their house. But it's something that has to be done. So with the traditional Spring Cleaning season upon us, here are some tips to clean your house like a professional.
- Gather all your cleaning products and equipment in a box or tray with a handle that you can carry around from room to room, and then store together in one place.
- In the bathroom, put your cleaning product in the toilet before you do anything else. Then when you've completed the rest of the room, the product will have done its job.
- Use rubber gloves. Many cleaning products contain harsh chemicals that will damage your skin.
- Use a broom to remove cobwebs from hard-to-reach corners.
- In bathrooms, clean the grout between tiles from time to time. Mould and mildew builds up there quickly.
- Clean your home as a family — get them all involved. After all, they all helped make it dirty. You'll get the job done quicker that way.
- Remove clutter from your rooms. Not only will the rooms look tidier, they'll be easier to clean too.
- Vacuum your floors before you mop because vacuum cleaners often throw dust around the room. You'll also pick up a lot of dirt and dust first, which will make mopping more effective.