- Know the difference between sunscreen and sunblock. Sunscreen uses chemicals that absorb ultraviolet radiation (UVR) and reduce the amount of UVR reaching your skin. Sunblock is thicker and may offer more protection against ultraviolet A rays. To find a more effective sunscreen, buy one labeled “broad spectrum,” with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 15 or greater, which protects against both UVA and UVB radiation.
- If swimming or sweating, use a “water resistant” sunscreen that protects for 40 or 80 minutes, and reapply it at the recommended times.
- Avoid both outdoor tanning and tanning booths.
- Protect your arms, face, and legs while outdoors. A good rule of thumb is to apply half an ounce of sunscreen to your entire body half an hour before you go outside.
- Be sure your sunglasses offer UV blocking. Experts have linked UV-ray exposure to cataract formation.
- Check your skin annually for abnormalities. Look for bumps, patches, nonhealing sores, scaly patches, and asymmetrical or multicolored moles. Visiting a dermatologist yearly is the best way to discover and treat skin abnormalities.
Smart Money Strategies
Small Business Funding
Invoice Factoring Loan
Business Insurance Quote
Mortgage Protection Insurance Quotes
Life Insurance Quotes
Certificate of Good Standing
Compare Term Life Insurance Quotes
Bad Credit Loans
Cosmetic Surgery Loans
Home Improvement Loans
Connect With Us
Proud Member Of:
Serving All 50 States
United States Residents Only*
WFG Insurance Quotes.com
3139 W Holcombe Blvd, Suite 2031
Houston, TX 77025
Phone: 1(855) 236-2992
Business Plans/Incorporation Department:
Speaking and Personal Appearances:
877.487.8926 Ext. 1
Click Here to Email Us
Website by InsuranceSplash
We Find Great Insurance Quotes!
Contact: Jennifer Lang
Licensed Financial Services Professional
One Resource Group Agent
13548 Zubrick Rd.
Roanoke, IN 46783