Here's the proof: 84% of Americans think a romantic relationship is not only stronger but also more satisfying when it’s financially stable, and 99% of Canadians surveyed think it's important to discuss the financial future before they say "I do."
So what does it mean to be financially stable and ready for the Big Financial Talk?
Here’s a simple 5-point checklist to let you know if you’re on the right track:
- You aren’t worried about your financial situation.
- You know how to budget and are debt-free.
- You pay bills on time – better yet, you pay bills ahead of time.
- You have adequate insurance coverage in case of trouble.
- You’re saving enough for retirement
Everyone could use a little help on their way to financial stability and independence. Contact us today, and together we can work on a strategy that could strengthen your peace of mind – and perhaps your love life! #blog
Ally Bank: "Yet Another Reason to Get Your Financial House in Order – Americans Say Financial Stability Makes for a Better Love Life." 2.12.2016
Global News: "Two-thirds of Canadian couples enter marriage or common-law relationship in debt: poll." 8.4.2016