Applying the following tips can help you sleep more soundly. If you make changes and still find yourself sleepy at work, visit your primary care physician for further investigation.
- One of the most important tips for good sleep in today’s technology-focused world is to remove anything that glows from your bedroom. Cell phones, cable boxes, and digital clocks can delay or prevent your sleep. Cover displays that you cannot power down.
- Who doesn’t love an afternoon nap? If you nap, do so early in the day and for less than twenty minutes. Consider taking a walk instead of a nap. You’ll find yourself reenergized.
- Evaluate your pillow. It should support your natural neck curve. A large or fluffy pillow may not be the best choice. Consider replacing older pillows, especially if you use polyester pillows.
- In winter, keep the heat turned down. In summer, consider a fan. Most people sleep best at temperatures between 68 and 72 degrees.
- Avoid caffeine after noon.
- Try to complete energetic workouts at least three to four hours before bed. However, yoga, tai chi, or gentle stretching can help you unwind before you hit the hay.